A lot has happened in the past week. Last Tuesday at the doctor's
office my BP was high again and because it's getting hot and humid here
my feet and legs are very swollen, so they sent me to Labor and Delivery
to have some blood work done. While we were there they did a
biophysical profile (BPP) on the Little Guy and he got a perfect 8/8. My little
overachiever! :) I'm not sure of everything that they score on, but I
know some of it is size and movement. Movement is never a problem with this boy. While I was there I was
constantly on a fetal monitor and he was bound and determined to kick
that thing off, which he did manage to do a few times. He was moving
around so much during the BPP that we still didn't get a good look at
his face, so he must really want to surprise us when he gets here. Baby Boy was measuring a week ahead and an estimated 7 pounds, 3
ounces. After all the blood work results, BPP, and a 12 hour urine
analysis for protein that I did at home, everything came back fine.
There were 80mg of protein for 12 hours, which equates to 160 for 24
hours and the concern is when there is above 500mg in 24 hours.
When
we got to Friday's appointment, I made it very clear just how
uncomfortable I've been with the rising temperatures. My feet and legs
are so swollen that they itch because the skin is so tight and sometimes
get a rash on them in the evenings. Dr. Wertheim took everything into
consideration and scheduled me to be induced this coming Tuesday! I go tomorrow to have a cervical gel applied to
help start contractions and then will be induced on Tuesday morning at
6:30am. I am slightly effaced, but no dilation yet. I haven't been able to sleep at night at all and my legs
hurt so bad that I've been crying at night, so I'm glad that all that is
ending soon, but mostly I'm just excited to meet my baby!
This
weekend we're trying to get some last minute things done so everything
is organized and ready for arrival. If he decides to come before
Tuesday though, that would be even better!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment